Terms & Conditions
Website Legal Terms and Conditions ('Terms and Conditions')
This website is owned and operated by Royal Canadian Footwear (hereby referred to as ‘Royal Canadian’). The use of this website is entirely at your own risk. Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the website is current and contains no errors or inaccuracies. Royal Canadian makes no guarantees that the information, content, or materials included on this website is error-free, completely accurate, or current at all times. You agree that everything related to the use of or purchase(s) through this website is governed by the provincial laws of Ontario and federal laws of Canada applicable to Ontario - the courts of Ontario have jurisdiction; likewise, you are responsible for complying with all local laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply.
The Content of this Website
Certain trade-marks, trade names, words, logos, slogans, and images on this website are the property of their respective owners. Use of any such property, except as expressly authorized, shall constitute a violation of the rights of the owner of said property. You agree that you will not distribute the content for any purpose, including, without limitation, compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproducing the content through the press, media, or any commercial network (arranging, modifying, copying, publishing, or making content available to any person, either directly or indirectly, in whole, part, or any form or by any means whatsoever. These restrictions, as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, shall not apply to the limited extent that they are prohibited by applicable law.
Exclusion of Liability
Your use of this website and its content is at your own risk. You agree that your sole remedy, in the event of any problem with your use of this website, is to cease using it. In no event shall Royal Canadian or any of its directors, employees, and representatives - and their respective successors and assignees - be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from or related to access to or use of this website or any other website linked to this website or its content. Royal Canadian assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any damages to or any viruses affecting your computer (equipment) or other property on account of your access to or use of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
To the full extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold Royal Canadian and their respective directors, officers, and employees from harm and against all claims, liability, losses, damages, expenses, and costs arising out of your use of this website.
Online Shopping Terms and Conditions
All orders and purchases made through this website are subject, but not limited to:
- Your agreement to pay - You agree to pay for all charges noted herein as payable by you. All prices listed on this website are in Canadian (CAD) dollars.
- Price confirmations- All prices listed on this website are subject to confirmation. Royal Canadian will notify you by e-mail within two business days of making a purchase if the price of an item you have selected is different from the price listed on the website or your purchase order. If you do not receive an e-mail within one business day of completing a purchase order, Royal Canadian had confirmed the purchase at the price listed.
- Canadian customers - You may only purchase or order items for non-commercial and lawful purposes; any other use is not permitted. Items purchased on this website will not be delivered to an address outside of Canada.
- Royal Canadian’s right to modify orders - Royal Canadian reserves the right to reject, correct/edit, cancel, or refuse orders. Royal Canadian can refuse orders on grounds deemed appropriate at its own discretion, including, but not limited to, due to violation of the law or activities harmful to the interests of Royal Canadian and/or its representatives.
- Potential delivery delays - Royal Canadian will use reasonable efforts to deliver purchases as quickly as possible and within the time period(s) indicated; however, Royal Canadian will not be responsible for any delays in delivery which are beyond its control. In the event that delivery is delayed, Royal Canadian will send a notification as soon as possible.
- Item modifications and address confirmations - When an item listed on this website is no longer available in Royal Canadian’s inventory, Royal Canadian will notify customers. In order to protect you and Royal Canadian from fraudulent transactions, Royal Canadian can provide transaction-related information to a reputable third-party organization in order to perform an address verification. This address verification is intended to ensure that the ‘bill to’ address specified in your purchase order matches your credit card’s ‘bill to’ address.
- Royal Canadian’s choice of non-shipment to an address - Royal Canadian reserves the right to not ship items ordered or purchased to certain addresses. In the event that Royal Canadian decides not to ship (an) item(s), you will be notified by e-mail and any amount charged to your credit card will be refunded.
Acceptable Use Policy for your Ratings, Reviews, Comments, and Communications
All permitted and prohibited uses of this website, including ratings, reviews, comments, and communications, are governed by the ‘Acceptable Use Policy’ as follows:
Representations and Warranties
You understand that you shall not submit, to this website, any content that:
- Is known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading,
- Infringes any third-party intellectual property rights,
- Violates any law(s), statute(s), ordinance(s), or regulation(s), or may be reasonably considered defamatory, libelous, hateful, obscene, discriminatory, or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation
- Reference(s) any other website(s), physical address(es), e-mail address(es), contact’s (personal) information or phone number(s), or that contains any computer virus(es), worm(s), or other potentially damaging computer program(s) or file(s), or that contains any advertisement(s), ‘spam’ content, or reference(s) to any other product(s), offer(s), or website(s).
Ownership of Content
Royal Canadian reserves the right to change, condense, or delete any content on Royal Canadian’s website that Royal Canadian deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any provision of the Acceptable Use Policy. Royal Canadian does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Royal Canadian to edit or delete any content that you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within four business days. Royal Canadian reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of your submission(s).
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Royal Canadian website, including, without limitation:
- accessing data that is not intended for you, including logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access,
- attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,
- attempting to interfere with, disrupt, or disable service to any user, host, or network,
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting,
- disrupting network nodes or network services, or otherwise restricting, inhibiting, disrupting, or impeding Royal Canadian’s ability to monitor or make its website available,
- taking any other action in order to obtain access to services that you are not entitled to.
Violation(s) of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Royal Canadian will investigate each occurrence which may involve such violations and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting you, if you are involved in such violations.
Suspension or Termination
Royal Canadian reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Royal Canadian website without notice to you. At all times,Royal Canadian has the discretion to take any action deemed necessary. Royal Canadian shall not be liable for any damages, of any nature, suffered by you or a third-party, resulting from Royal Canadian’s exercise of its rights under this Acceptable Use Policy.